George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Siemens xlm1400 washing machine which is producing

Hi I have a Siemens xlm1400 washing machine which is producing foam and overflowing from dispenser this does not happen on every wash . I have replaced door seal,pump, carbon brushes ,drive belt and drain manifold hose recently. I have stripped and cleaned water inlet hose and drain hoses from pump to outlet including the waste outlet manifold at rear of machine . The machine is ten years old and has always been used with fairy liquid or gel tablets. Is it possible controls may have intermittent fault ie dry joints any info would be appreciated thanks
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 10 months ago.
Are you saying that you are using Fairy Liquid, or are you saying that you are using Fairy Liquid Tablets? What is the Enr of the appliance?.. This can be found inside the door opening
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
fairy non bio liquid and non bio pods not at the same time, enr -wxlm148agb/17 fell 8602 700617
Thank you Brian... Are you placing the pods into the drawer or are you placing them into the tub on to the top of the washing?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi George they are always placed in the drum the drawer is never used
What temperature do you wash at?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No higher than 40 usually on a coloured /cottons setting at 1400rpm , the use of machine has not changed drastically over its lifetime
Is it water or is it suds that protrude the detergent drawer?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's suds
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The water supply would be classed as soft and detergent is not overdosed
Ok Brian, I would suggest that this is an accumulative build-up of detergent onto the inner of the outer drum... Ensure that the pump is operating correctly and emptying the tub when it should do by putting the appliance onto a rinse cycle with NO DETERGENT. Following the rinse cycle; to remove the accumulative build-up of detergent and better the situation, put the washer on to a 90 degree intensive wash with NO DETERGENT.Let the appliance run through the wash cycle to its end. Ensure that on all following washes, you use the correct amount of detergent as described on the packaging... but remember not to put the complete dose of each detergent if you are putting two detergents in at the same time. Please remember to rate the assistance I have given you today. regardsGeorge
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks George for your assistance, I have tried this a few weeks ago prior to changing pump but I will try again . Is it worth putting any additives in while doing this such as dish washer tablet ?
I always advise using nothing but hot water... whilst the wash is on (10 - 15 mins into the wash), ensure that the water is actually getting hot, as if the water is not heating you will not find any progress with the problem after doing the service wash.. There are proprietary cleaning products you can use.. available in most supermarkets or appliance shops, however, if you are going to use one, always make sure that it is for washing machines and NOT DISHWASHERS regards
Please use the Stars provided for Rating
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair