Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Why does my built in coffee machine say the beans are empty

why does my built in coffee machine say the beans are empty when it's not? I can hear the grinder but I don't think the beans are in it - it's a different noise
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your De Detrich coffee machine?Also do you have the user manual for it?And may I have the FULL model # ***** I can assist you properly? Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. I don't really know, but i guess less than 5 years and more than 2.
2. Yes I do
3. type INC001MAE
S/N 9008INC0001456Thank you
Alice
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks Alice,Can you describe the sound a bit more in detail? Does it sound like just a motor running no grinding action happening?Also can you tell for sure if any beans actually dropped into the grinder compartment?Once I know that I can tell you what needs to be done to fix this one. With this machine it will cost much less to fix this yourself with my help. The repair companies all get way too much for repairs on these ;-(Don't worry its pretty easy and we will get it working;-)Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When i put my fingers into the top of the grinder, where the beans fall, there seem to be beans in it. I removed what I could one time, but it didn't make any difference.
The noise sounds like the noise when the hopper is empty.
I am a piano teacher at home and have pupils all afternoon. I finish at 6.30 so if it's easier to call and talk me (or husband) through sorting it, we can do that.
Many thanks!
Alice.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alice, that woudl be fine, I wills end you an offer so I we can talk on the phone,it will make it easier to get all the information we need to help you solve this problem.Please accept the offer so we can talk. If not, we can continue here like this, either way is fine with me ;-) Thanks Alice and have a great day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Try writing it down first and i'll see if I can follow the instructions! I have pupils in now - so responses will be a bit delayed.
Thanks for understanding!Alice.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alice,that's fine.This really sounds like a gear has stripped in the grinder, it happens from time to time with this model.The only way to fix this is to replace the grinder assembly complete. Its easy to do and I will help you all the way;-)Whats happening is the grinder motor is running, but the actual grinder part is not turning due to the stripped gear.All you need to replace that part are a few basic hand tools.And the best place to get that part is: http://www.espares.co.uk/Its best to call them to place this order as they dont list all parts for this model on their website ;-)Once you have the part, you will be able to reconnect with me once you rate in kind way;-)In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated. Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day Alice we will fix it together!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hmmm - not sure I'll get the part as de detreich has gone bust and parts are very hard to find. Not an easy solution after all. Glad I didn't pay the extra £4 to be told that over the phone.
Yes, I'll get back to you if I manage to get the part.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi even though they are no longer in business I may have other suppliers for the grinder.Alice please rate my service kindly as its the only way I am credited for my time with you and this is my livelihood, there is no cost to you for that;-)Thanks and have a wonderful day!Tech Mike
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.