Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a beko tzda503w and the bottom of the freezer is

Hi I have a beko tzda503w and the bottom of the freezer is warmer than the top, items in the bottom draw start to defrost - any ideas?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have noticed inside there are two pipes one going up to the top which ice frozen cold and the one going down is just cool not frozen
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi Are you able to access the back of the freezer? If so then feel the compressor at the back at the bottom and is it hot to touch? Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes it is hot
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that. Im afraid this isn't good news. As the compressor is hot and the bottom section of the freezer is starting to defrost this is going to be a system fault, Either its short of gas or its a poor pump compressor (more likely). For either of these you need to get a fridge engineer in as this isn't a diy repair. As they will need to put there gauges on the pipe work at the back to see what pressure the compressor is pumping at. But this isn't going to be a cheap fix. As a regas is about £140 and a compressor swap is about £250-300 so not really worth it. Sorry its not good news but just keep an eye on the rest of the freezer and the top section will go off as well sooner rather then later as it will fully shut down soon. If you need anymore info just get back to me. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh dear - but thank you anyway