Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

We have had nearly 17 years excellent and trouble free

We have had nearly 17 years excellent and trouble free use from our SRL628EV fridge/freezer. We are planning on moving to Thailand in the next couple of months. Is there a service available from Samsung to ensure many more years of use from it. Also any packing/travelling tips will be appreciated.
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly. Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
MichaelThanks for the information about the service. Do you need any more information about my Samsung fridge/freezer?Andrew
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Hi Andrew, thanks for the reply,As for moving the fridge, please if at all possible make sure it NEVER gets layed on its side during the move, tipping to about 45 degree is fine while transporting it. Other than that it shoudl be fine;-)As for a good service center in Thailand, I would contact Samsung for that at:1-***-***-****.Although you can find a local refrigeration repair tech near you as well online, most of them will service Samsung just as well;-)In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day and best of luck with you your move ;-)SincerelyTech Michael
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
MichaelThanks for the travel tips, I will use them when selecting the removal company.The other part of the question, the servicing, is where I am struggling. The fridge freezer is working as well no as it did when we purchased it in 1999. What can be checked technically. Is there checks that can be carried out on:
1. Door seals - beyond a visual check
2. Compressor
3. Refrigerant - Could there be any issues with the type of refrigerant used in 1999
4. Condenser and evaporator coils
5. Electrical safety
I don't want to go through the expense of shipping it all the way from England to Thailand to find out I have problems there. A health check, if there is one, would give me confidence in any decision I make.Hope this makes sense.Regards
Andrew
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Hi Andrew,yes I agree, but also if its been working well to date, then its a good bet it will be fine there as well ;-) Sometimes components of refrigeration systems will fail, but in most cases a simple part is to blame and readily available for replacement ;-) Even in Thailand ;-)I wouldn't get a repair tech to-check this unless yo uare really worried soemthing bad is going on with the fridge. This is a na excellent model and In my professional opinion, I would take it with me as well;-)Hope that helps?Im here when you need me. You can visually check the door seals as that is all they do as well , let me know if you find an issue there?Thank you and please remember to rate my service before you close this page, no cost for that.Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.