Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Siemens fridge freezer is short circuiting. I defrosted

Hi, my Siemens fridge freezer is short circuiting. I defrosted it over the weekend,prior to the defrost it has worked excellently ,money problem at all. However since I defrosted it , it turns off after 40 - 45 mins and trips the fuse in the house.
I have isolated all the appliances in the house , and it's only when the fridge/freezer is on that this problem occurs.
Any ideas on what could be causing this?
The first day , I assumed I needed to leave it to dry out a it after the defrost , but this is day 4, surely any water must have dried out completely by now.
I'm baffled .
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi Can you post the model number please. Its usually on a sticker on the inside of the fridge behind the salad box and starts E-nr Rgards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure which of the numbers you require , check attachment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the external view
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that. For this kind of fault were its tripping the electrics out its nearly always down to the defrost heater. What you need to do is empty the freezer fully and remove the back panel in there.There you will see the evaporator.Wrapped under there is the defrost heater. You will see the wires going to the top of the evaporator.Disconnect the wiring block there.Then refit the back panel and turn the appliance on again and see how it goes from there. If it runs without tripping the electrics out then the defrost heater is the fault and will need to be replaced. As if you run it without the heater then too much ice will build up and after a few weeks you will loose the cooling inside the fridge and then in the freezer as well. So you will need to replace the heater sooner rather then later if the appliance runs ok with the heater disconnect. Try that and see what you find. As for the fault you describe this is nearly always down to the defrost heater inside the freezer. If you need anymore info just get back to me. Regards
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi Just wondering how you got on with the appliance as the question is still open? Do you still need help on this? If so just get back to me.If not then to close the question you just need to rate the answer by clicking the star ratings at the top of the page. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank You , I will rather not dabble with electrical stuff myself and i have an engineer coming to take a look on friday.