George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Engineer came out yesterday and changed the compartment with

engineer came out yesterday and changed the compartment with the rinse aid and tablet release as the spring on the door/compartment was broken. Unfortunately he didn't check that the machine was then working properly and it seems like the control panel is jammed and set on a program which I can't change. I've taken the plug out and tried following the recommended control panel reset, but nothing seems to work. Can anyone help please?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Im sorry to hear that, try one thing for me, please turn off power to your dishwasher at the mains.Then in the mean time may i have the full model # ***** I can be sure of something for you?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael
Thanks for coming back to me. Its a Whirlpool 6th Sense power clean. Dishwasher is unplugged.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you know when you might be able to help? Will it be this weekend or don't you know the answer?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** the appliance was working prior to the callout of the Whirlpool engineer/agent that replaced the dispenser, please contact Whirlpool or their agent directly as the job they have undertaken has not been completed correctly. If the engineer was obtained from a different source, please let me know this. regardsGeorge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was replaced by an agent from whirlpool but they won't have an agent out to mend it until the 22nd!! Slightly frustrating and keep on getting passed from pillar to post. In the process of complaints system but I don't think that will speed the process up unfortunately. Can you still help?
The only thing that can be suggested at this time is to open up the access to the board, fully disconnect all wiring from the board, leave for 10 mins then reconnect and reassemble everything and power-up to re-try. I advise against doing that; the reason is that there is a possibility that the board has been damaged in the process of replacing the other part.. If you enter any part of the appliance electronics following the engineer visit, you leave it open for Whirlpool to use a disclaimer against repairing it for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there no way kind of reset procedure for this model that I can try?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also I can now change between the progam settings but when I press start it cancels out the program light
I have noticed that you previously said: "I've taken the plug out and tried following the recommended control panel reset, but nothing seems to work". What reset did you try? Can you provide me with both the model number and the service code for the appliance ... This can be found on a label at the side of the door
I will return in about 10 mins..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Service number - 5811 570 15023 38 1542 013031
Model - ADP 720 WHI hope thats the right info.
I tried to reset by:
Unplugging machine for 10-15 mins, then plugging back in
Press the hottest program setting and leave for a minute, then repeat.
Didn't work.
Just check for me... The service number is ***** Is it 8511 570 15023?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it is sorry - got the numbers wring way round
Is yours a standalone, semi-integrated, or fully integrated model?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
standalone
At this point I ask that you Rate the assistance that I am giving you using the Star System above Below is the test procedure for the appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately nothing has worked
Then I would say that the program module has possibly been damaged and you do need to wait for the Whirlpool Engineer to return .. else replace the module yourself at a cost of around £120 + labour regardsGeorge
Please remember to rate the assistance that I have given you.. This allows JustAnswer to pay me for the time that I have spent with you on this subject. You can Rate the assistance using the Star System provided
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair