Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I've got a Admiral ( 21ADW ) USA style fridge freezer ,t's

Customer Question

Hi, I've got a Admiral ( 21ADW ) USA style fridge freezer ,t's 15 years old, both sides been running mid temp.
This morning i've noticed bottom of freezer door lacking , food is getting defrosted,
I would very much appreciate any advice .
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Hi Im sorry to hear that.Please check the rear wall inside the freezer, let me know if there is excessive frost or ice build up anywhere in there. Also does the fan behind the wall sound like its running normally?I may be out for a little while today but I will see anything you send me and will respond as soon as I return;-)Thank you for your patience.Tech Michael
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Michael, There hasn't been any frost inside the freezer at the back, fan sounds ok.
Midday I turned off the freezer ,it's still dripping from the bottom of the door.
Look forward hearing from you.
Chris.
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Hi Chris ok thats good, Let this one defrost fully with the doors open for about 12 hours. Then clean up any water and turn it on, let me knwo ho wit does at that point after about 2 hours on.This may have froze up if the defrost cycle isn't working as it shoudl a common issue with these;-)But we wont knwo for sure until you try that. Also once it is running again, let me knwo if the compressor is warm and running, its behind the rear access panel on the back near the floor. Its a black ball shaped part cant miss it, we will get it working as it it should;-)In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
HI Michael, Fridge/ Freezer , off all night, running for 2hours, not icing cold at all, only luke warm air coming though vents, you wanted me to take back panel off to see the compressor ,that is very difficult for me to do as I'm a lady getting on in years !!!
not having the right tool to remove the panel, but feeling the bottom of the panel its not very warm, also the fridge isn't cold.
I hope this isn't bad news! Look forward hearing from you. Chris
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Hi, Im sorry to hear that.It sounds as if the compressor isn't running ;-( So yes you will need to remove that rear cover so we can find out why its not running.Also in this case you will need a meter fro a test or two so I can tell you exactly why its not running. If this is too much for you to do, you will need a service tech to do this for you.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great Saturday!Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Michael, i've decided to get a service tech out to fix the problem .
Thanks for all your help.
Have a good weekend.
Chris.
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Hi Chris awesome;-) Have a good one too!Thaks for rating!Tech Michael