George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My nerf oven b1691n2gb has a central control knob which sometimes

My nerf oven b1691n2gb has a central control knob which sometimes gets stuck but now it pops out but won't which on any of the heating functions. Clock works but the knob just spins round
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Morning Kim, my name is***** the oven switched to manual mode?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't have a manual mode I don't think.The central button pops out and then you turn it to select oven type( fan, defrost etc) then to select temperature but nothing happens. Once when it was stuck before this happened but after popping it in and out a few times it sprang back to life. Now nothing
More to the point, is the clock set and the cooker out of Auto mode Do you have a manual.. I can send you one if not.. We have to ask these questions to eliminate the obvious
And here is how to take it out of Auto if it is in that mode
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I push any of those buttons nothing happens either. Only thing that is on is the clock . But pressing any of the other buttons does nothing
Is there an -S- in the display next to the thermostat?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Then I am sorry to say that you have a defective control panel or the knob has broken off at the interior of the control panel. I have given you a link above, highlighted in blue, to the control panel for your appliance and below is a link you the drawing to give you a better idea of what I mean. Please remember to rate the assistance given by me today. Feel free to ask further questions and if you want me to try find an Independent Appliance Engineer for you please let me know your postcode.