How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask George-Allsorts Your Own Question
George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 1448
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
George-Allsorts is online now

Water got into my microwave from a leak in the gas boiler.

Resolved Question:

Water got into my microwave from a leak in the gas boiler. Is there any danger/ damage from this and is my microwave oven safe to use?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
DO NOT USE THE MICROWAVE - SWITCH OFF AT THE WALL AND UNPLUGThere are High Voltage parts inside the microwave that can kill if you come into contact with them.. Water is a high conductor of electricity can cause a link from the powered parts of the appliance to you. Once the microwave has been fully dried out, take it to your local microwave engineer who should be able to safety test the appliance for you for a small fee.
George-Allsorts and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you