George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Water got into my microwave from a leak in the gas boiler.

Water got into my microwave from a leak in the gas boiler. Is there any danger/ damage from this and is my microwave oven safe to use?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
DO NOT USE THE MICROWAVE - SWITCH OFF AT THE WALL AND UNPLUGThere are High Voltage parts inside the microwave that can kill if you come into contact with them.. Water is a high conductor of electricity can cause a link from the powered parts of the appliance to you. Once the microwave has been fully dried out, take it to your local microwave engineer who should be able to safety test the appliance for you for a small fee.