George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My dishwasher...(NEFF S5453X1GB/74.....FD 8702) stopped working, no indicator lights.Th

Hi my dishwasher...(NEFF S5453X1GB/74.....FD 8702) stopped working, no indicator lights.There is power to the machine and to the ON/OFF switch, the switch seems to be working too.
I have taken the control module out (thinking there might be a fuse, but couldn't see one!) I noticed a small black mark on the PCB and it smelled burnt.....so I would imagine that is the problem? However I wondered if it may have also taken out a fuse anywhere
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello Keith, No there are no fuses on these boards or elsewhere in the power circuit other than the plug. Best solution is to trace the circuit that is burned to its device (ie. dispenser solenoid), then test/replace that device together with the damaged board. regardsGeorge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The black mark on the PCB seems to be a Capacitor when I turn the board over. I'm guessing if I just swap the board all would be OK?
What voltage would I expect to see at the PCB and which cables would I test to find out (I'm guessing it's the Red and the Grey/Black cables...on my Voltage tester I'm getting a voltage warning LED across these cables
You can not test the board in that manner.You test the components running to it.. Also test from the plug with an insulation tester. Please rate the assitance using the Star System