Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have an old Rangemaster Fridge/Freezer SXS 661, recently

I have an old Rangemaster Fridge/Freezer SXS 661, recently after a power cut the freezer failed and has the freezer light bar in the centre blinking, it appears to be getting cold but not anywhere near freezing.
What could possibly be the answer
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Rangemaster SXS 661?Is there any excessive frost or ice build up on the rear wall inside the freezer? Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it may be about 8 years oldI did defrost it and yes there was ice built up on and behind the wall
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you think there may be more ice, i gave it 12 hours
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi is it cooling ok now?There may be an problem with he defrost circuit that may require a part, but we wont knwo that fro a couple of weeks. It will likely be ok til then. If it doesn't re frost up thats great, sometimes this happens over time but nothing really is wrong.If it does, however please write me back so I can help you determine to part that needs to be replaced and I will help you make that repair.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is cooler but not sure if it is actually working enough, the freezer has been on an hour or so and is only 6 degrees, could that be due to more ice inside that has not yet defrosted?
How long do you defrost? no more water is coming out so I assumed it was complete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why would a power cut set off a frost fault?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi yes that is possible, I recommends defrosting for 254 hours in this case with the doors open and the unit off, preferably unplugged.The power cut may have caused this because if there is ice build up on the coils it will melt some and form a blockage so the air can not circulate as the fan runs;-)
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
I see you haven't rated my service yet? Please do so and I can remain with you until we have this fixed for certain.Thank youTech Mike