Kelly
Kelly, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Technician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

L have a Russell hobbs Toaster 4 slices, everytime we use it

Customer Question

l have a Russell hobbs Toaster 4 slices, everytime we use it for 4 slices it fuses the lights, l have had it for 11 months.
Made No.20750, 220-240V-50/60Hz,2000-2400W. Made in China 14214.
Bought from Homebase, Daybrook, Nottingham.
Would l be able to change it for another Toaster.
Yours sincerely, *****
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The issue is not with the toaster but with the circuit it is energized from. When toasting four slices, it is drawing a considerable amperage that the circuit is unable to handle. You will need to replace it with a 2 slice model or have another circuit wired that will accommodate the high current draw. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!