George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Siemens series iq 1434 washing machine. Beeped to indicate

Hi siemens series iq 1434 washing machine. Beeped to indicate wash finished. Then the door lock did a buzz buzz buzz . . It won't open. Tried off at plug for 10 mins.. .still not open. So pulled emergency door tag. Washing was still wetter than usual when finished. Shat door again and still won't open. The menu is on display but it starts doing something . .pump? Or? But no motion. I put on a spin and no spin but was showing it should have been on the display. Any idea?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Check the filter for any type of debris. Whilst doing so, check that the impeller of the pump can turn.I you do not find anything in the filter, remove all the washing from the tub and try the spin with the empty tub.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes removed the plug . . Some water came out but not much and no debris was in there. The pump impeller turns how it should. I removed washing and closed the door. It then starts a noise so pushed off button .then on again menu screen is normal select spin and shows it doing a spin cycle but drum is not rotating. It is still making a buzz buzz buzz at thedoor latch area every 10 or 15 seconds. Also checked the drive belt is fine.
It is possible that the belt is off the pulley at the rear.. The buzz you hear may be the motor turning but if the belt is off the drum won't turn.In that situation you will not get an error at the display
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Took top off machine .belt is on and tight. The motor turns with the drum as should. When door is closed as soon as turned on the pump runs. . . No water is in as I took the cap off when pump is running. I can see the pump running. Have to turn machine off then on to use the menu then put onto spin only. .. . It shows on the panel it is doing the spin but definitely the motor IS NOT running as I looked from the top.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When it beeped to say it's finished the spin cycle the menu is back but door is NOT unlocked. As soon as I push menu buttons it still does 3 buzzes at the door lock. I have try spin again and it is showing it should be spinning but nothing.
Then I suggest removing the motor and checking the condition of the motor brushes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just had the motor off and brushes off. Both brushes have 25 mm of length left and are in perfect condition.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anything else to check or do u think its a pcb gone down?
Check to make sure you do not have a blockage at the pressure switch... Other than that I would suggest that the pcb has become defective.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok where will I find the pressure switch?
Under the lid on the right hand side. The pressure switch has a tube going to it; pull the tube off and blow down on the tube into the tub to make sure it is clear.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will try that. It's been a bloody good machine. So will get another if no good.
Question.. If you cancel the current program, then put the appliance onto a wash program, does it fill with water?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will have a look later as away from the machine atm . Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes pressure sensor pipe clear. Ran a wash program. Started. . Water in . . .and drum rotated perfectly. All ok till the end . It beeped once. . . . It should do a three tone beep to say its finished. Door lock buzzed 3 times. . .but not unlocked. Also it usually displays . .remove washing .. .It didn't just went to the menu screen.
Hi Richard, I would say change the door interlock. The door lock shouldn't buzz, it should make a sharp clicking noise. regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I have ordered a door interlock. I will fit and see what happens.
Ok, I will await your response
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The interlock arrived today. Fitted it and so far seems to be fixed. I tried a spin cycle which worked fine and it beeped at the end as it shoud with no buzzing at the interlock. So hopefully it's fixed. Thankyou
Excellent news Richard.. Please rate the assistance using the Star System provided. regards
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair