Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My hoover velocity seems to keep coming unattached at the base

My hoover velocity seems to keep coming unattached at the base I don't know how to fix it as the collar ate the base does not seem to fit. What can I do it os only 4 months old.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your hoover velocity ?Also may I have the full model #?Has it ever sat on the base correctly? Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The hoover is about 4 months old and yes at first it was fine, no problems. It is a bagless upright VL81 Hoover Velocity. It means the carpet brush part is only attached by the power cable. I have managed to put it together again several times but it just comes apart after a couple of minutes of use each time. The collar at the base does not seem to want to stay together.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the excellent description of the problem ;-)On this model the collar that holds the attachment was either damaged at the factory or during shipping.But ... you are in luck your machine is still fully covered by Hoover ;-)You will need to call them and they will replace the entire vacuum for you no cost to you;-)Hoover is really good about these issues lol.The best way to reach them is by using the phone contact # ***** the user manual and on the warranty card. You could buy the parts and fix this your self but why do that since it is still fully covered and if you did any work to it at this time they woudl void the whole warranty.So I would let then replace this one.If you need me further Im here for you.I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great Sunday!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks will contact them tomorrow and see what they say.