George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

We have an extractor fan in kitchen with remote control-the

We have an extractor fan in kitchen with remote control-the remote is working (i.e light come on on remote) but lights and fan not working. electrician says the electrical connection to fan is fine. any ideas?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me the model of the fan please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it is CE110 installed aug 2010Thanks
Please remove the filter an look into the cavity for a label.. the model will be on that label.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi it's not clear how to remove the filter. I will send a photo
Generating a new transmission codeThe radio control is supplied by the manufacturer with default codes stored. If you want to create a new set of codes, proceed as follows: press and hold the UP, STOP and DOWN buttons simultaneously for 2 seconds.After the LEDs light up, press the UP and DOWN buttons within 5 seconds. The LEDS will flash 3 times to indicate that the process is completed.WARNING: This procedure deletes all previously stored codes. Learning the new transmission codeAfter changing the transmission code on the radio control, the cooker hood electronic control unit must be made to set the new code as follows:Press the main Power Off button on the cooker hood and then restore power to the electronic control unit.Within the next 15 seconds, press the Light button.This will ensure the control unit is synchronized with the new code.
Here is an image of removing the filter
Here is an image of the Power Off Button referred to in the above instruction
Hope that helps Sandy... Let me know if you need more assistance or the manual
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sadly I Only have 1 led light up ( briefly) when I press up, down and stop together and then none of them light up when press up and down together. Have tried turning fan in and off anyway but no change.
If you doing it correctly on the remote, then the remote should act as indicated above; if it does not, then the remote control must be defective. regardsGeorge
Please remember to rate my assistance to you.. This is my assistance to you and not how dismayed you are with the product.
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair