George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

DIS 04 dishwasher. It starts and heats up, but the sprayer

Customer Question

DIS 04 dishwasher. It starts and heats up, but the sprayer arms don't turn, so the dishes get steamed but not washed! I clean the filters regularly. The water drains OK.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello Peter, my name is***** have determined that the spray arms are not rotating, but you have no said whether any water protrudes the holes in them.. Can you elaborate on your description please.. Can you also give the model and serial number from the appliance data label.. regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No water comes out. The numbers are: DIS 04 UK /###-##-#### ***** this helps.
Whilst it is doing this, can you open the door and check where the water level is up to please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The washer is completely empty. The level is below the bottom of the filter.
I am out on the road at the moment but when I return I shall have a look at the parts that are listed for your appliance and tell you which are likely to be causing this.I am likely to be back this afternoon after 5 PM
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any luck?
Please do the following test and let me know the results: AUTO TEST CYCLENote: At the Start of the Auto Test cycle, the machine will display the last fault detected by the module.The Auto Test Cycle will run a quick Diagnosis Cycle, and if a fault is detected will show the relevant fault code.Starting the Auto Test Cycle1. Open the door and switch the machine on. (On/Off button)2. Switch the dishwasher off. (On/Off button)3. Press and Hold the "P" (programme) Button for 3 seconds. The machine will beep.4. Switch the dishwasher on. (On/Off button) The On/Off Led will flash slowly and LED 2 is on.5. Close the door, after 4 seconds the machine will beep and the Auto Test cycle will start after 6 secondsAuto Test Sequence1. Drain to pressure switch empty position plus 30 seconds.2. Static Filling with 3.1 litres of water3. Dynamic filling with 1.1 litres of water.4. Wash Pump on for 60 seconds, filling up to Pressure switch level with a total of 5.5 litres of water5. Wash pump stops.6. Heater on for 10 seconds7. Dispenser solenoid on for 10 seconds8. Wash pump on for 10 seconds9. Regeneration solenoid valve on for 15 seconds.10. Drain to pressure switch empty position plus 5 seconds.11. Pause for 10 seconds.12. Inlet solenoid valve and drain pump on simultaneously for 20 seconds.Note: Static filling = Filling with the wash pump offDynamic Filling = Filling with the wash pump on.If a Fault is detected during the Test Cycle, the On/Off LED will flash together with a combination of programme LED's signifying a fault. (See Fault Codes and Diagnostics)If a fault is not detected the On/Off LED remains "ON" and the LED 2 will be flashing slowly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that. It appears to be a wash pump problem. The LEDs are ON/ON/OFF/ON F11. I'll have to get someone in to fix it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Final thought - whereabouts is the wash pump located in the machine?. Thanks a lot for your help - at least I now know about the diagnostics facilities!
Can you tell me where you got the F11 from?
Also Peter, can you tell me descriptively, which leds are flashing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I followed your sequence which resulted in the 4 LEDs showing ON/ON/OFF/ON which according to the Indesit website is error F11 (see http://www.indesitservice.co.uk/appliances/dishwashers/error-codes/). This fits in with the machine not filling with water. I now need to get the pump repaired or replaced. I would also like to know whereabouts the pump is located. I've tried to find a workshop manual for the machine without success.
Hi Peter, When you say 4 LEDs showing ON/ON/OFF/ON, were those LEDs flashing?If yes, and you are you describing the four LEDs shown in the diagram below, then you are describing 1+2+4 and Indesit do not list a fault relating to that error code for your model. You will need to ask indesit what that error means on the (DIS 04 UK /###-##-#### ***** list you are looking at on the Indesit website refers to appliances with the fascias that are immaged at the bottom of that page.To answer your question.. The Wash pump is in the base of the appliance and can be accessed by removing the right hand side panel or the removable base (if exist)