George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Bosch Dryer WTB84200GB. Very pleased with it for

I have a Bosch Dryer WTB84200GB. Very pleased with it for normal loads but whe have a small item wish to dry have a problem. The instructions say use the Timed Programme but when put this on stops after a minute. I think I also need to set the Drying Time but when I press this I get 4 dashes.
Can you explain in simple terms how I use these buttons. Apologies for not being able to work out myself.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 10 months ago.
Ginny, select Timed Drying using the control knob, then on the display there are 6 buttons, press the first button muliple times to change the length of the drying time, then press start
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes I know that but what I'm saying is that when pressed multiple times it puts like, 1.39 or similar, I don't seem to get the timing I want. In any event the dryer then reverts back to only a couple of minutes. So on the timed cycle something else must happen. For example what should I actually see when I press multiple times?
Hello Ginny, sorry I am out of the office until tomorrow.. Once I get back I shall respond to you.. regardsGeorge
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
George difficult to rate you given you've not completed my question. Don't think I've had value for money yet!!!
Hi Ginny.. I am awaiting an update from the tech office regarding this.. If I were there with you I would simply turn the dial to 'Timed drying with heat' which is at the 5O'clock position on the dial, then press the first button on the display several times until I get to the drying period required.. A clock image should appear in the display to indicate the timed program is active. Then I would press start to start the program... The only time this wont work is if the childlock is active, in which case a key would light up in the display. I will get back to you as soon as I hear from the tech office. kindest regardsGeorge
Hello again Ginny, Can you tell me when the appliance was purchase and from where you purchased it please.. Also, inside the door opening and on the rear of the appliance there is a label, can you tell me the index of the Enr number WTB84200GB, ie. WTB84200GB/XX where XX is a number; please let me know those numbers. Next to the Enr WTB84200GB/XX is another number preceded by FD; can you tell me this number also please. regardsGeorge
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I purchased from ***** ***** on 28 Dec 2015. XX is 09 FD Number is ***** The child lock is not on. Did what you said but goes to 1.16 and no clock showing. When started quickly reverts to one minute before finishing. Something not right. Works OK in automatic cycle. Thanks for your help.
I am glad to tell you that my initial instruction to you was correct, but dismayed to let you know that you do indeed have a fault with your appliance.The reason that I contacted the tech department is for the same reason that you have stated "Something is not right"... I was seeing your "1.39 or similar" as a fault in the timer programming... It has just been confirmed that if you are doing as I instructed but are getting the spurious readouts, then this is a fault. I have been instructed to request that you ring 0344(###) ###-#### ***** have a Bosch Engineer attend to the appliance (Warranty). I am sorry that I have had to ask you so many questions, but I needed to make sure that what I was thinking was correct before giving you information like that. May I ask you to now re-rate my assistance to an appropriate level.. kindest regardsGeorge
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Many thanks have the Bosch engineer calling Monday.