Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Good Morning, I have a Neff U1563NDGB/10 double oven. Recently

Customer Question

Good Morning, I have a Neff U1563NDGB/10 double oven. Recently the main oven bulb exploded and the main oven fan now does not come on on any of the settings when it should. The elements are all okay though.
I thought it might just be a dodgy fan since prior to this it had occassionally been a bit temperamental but when I took the back off the oven and the cover off the control modules I found that there is no voltage reading when the main oven fan is turned on either at the fan itself or the feed terminals on the selector knob.
Can you tell me whether this is likely to be a control module failure? Is there any further testing I can do?
Pete
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Neff Double oven?What will the display do now?When this happens, yes it can blow the main control, as it appears happened in this case;-(It is an easy to replace part and if you are handy you can do this easily with my help;-)This will only require a few basic hand tools to do and the best place to get a new main control board is: http://www.neff.co.uk/customer-service.htmlIts best to call to order this part;-)0344(###) ###-####If you’re in the Republic of Ireland, call us on (01)(###) ###-####In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day! Tech Michael Thank youTech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Michael, Thanks for the prompt reply. The oven is about five years old. There is no problem with the display.
Peter
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Hi Peter thanks,What happens when you try any of the buttons for the oven controls?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Michael, All the buttons and knobs work okay and do what they should - except the main oven fan doesn't come on. All the elements work correctly though (we don't use any fan settings in case it burns the element out). Oh, and the main oven lamps don't come on- but that has been a long standing problem. The bulbs either fail very quickly, work intermittently, or explode!
Pete
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Hi Peter,are you saying you dont even want to use the fan?As for the bulbs, they shouldn't explode or burn out quickly. I woudl check the power supply lines because the cause for this issue would be over voltage or power surges getting to the lamp. This isn't normally caused by the main control.But by your power supply wires coming from your power company.As for the fan not coming on, that would be the relay or the actual switch causing that problem.In that case to fix the fan, you woudl need a new main control board. But you can live without hat if you dont use that much anyway.Let me know what you think if we are on the right track here?Tech Mike
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Michael,
We do want to use the fan settings on the main oven - we just don't at the moment because the fan doesn't work.The lamp in the top oven has never been any problem so I tend to think the main oven lamps are poorly positioned/designed.Is there anything I can do to confirm whether I need a new switch selector or a new PC board?Pete
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Hi, yes you can, do you have a meter for some tests?Is the fan switch on the main control board?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi, yes a have a multimeter.
The fan switch seems to be on the switch selector but I'm not sure whether there is a relay or something like that on the PC board.
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Hi there is a relay but if that is bad you will need the man control board to fix this The switch(if its NOT on the main control board) can be tested for continuity when its in the ON position.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks Michael. I'll get the multimeter out and have a look. Probably be tomorrow now as off to work soon.
Pete
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Awesome Pete, Please rate kindly at this time so I can stay with you no cost for that;-)Thanks and have a great day Pete!Sincerely ***** *****
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Its om, you already rated no further rating required;-)