Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Rangemaster 110 dual fuel, converted to LP (orange calor

Customer Question

hi. Rangemaster 110 dual fuel, converted to LP (orange calor gas, so I suspect it's propane). it came with the house, no service records.
I can't turn down the flames on the hob low enough. Even a 5lb cast iron pot with 3kg of apples, on the lowest setting on the smallest flame will burn.
Is this a known problem, or is there a fault?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.Can you describe the flame you see on the burner, is it mainly blue, or more yellowish and a messy flame? Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on the lowest setting, almost entirely blue, with just the odd yellow tip. very neat burning flame, I'd say.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi that sounds great as far as the flame goes.It means its burning clean as it should but are your control valves electronic or just gas valves on the front of the HOB? Also are you sure the oven is burning normally, that will tell me whats wrong.Thanks for your patience.Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the controls are ordinary knobs at the front of the hob. looks almost identical to this one.http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/household-appliances/cooking/cookers/rangemaster-kitchener-110-dual-fuel-range-cooker-ivory-chrome-21492818-pdt.htmlyes, both ovens & the grill seem to be working as expected. maybe a little hotter than I thought they should be, but I'm no great cook so I really wouldn't know.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi thank you for that info.This is a bad regulator. The regulator on the tank is not likely the one that needs to be replaced. There is one inside the range?oven, that is the one I woudl suspect as the culprit. If you are handy and have the tools you can replace that yourself with my help, let me knwo if you woudl like to do this?Or if you will have a gas company fix this for you? Its not a very expensive repair even if you have this one fixed by the gas company;-) You would save yourself a lot of trouble if they fix this one and also they are experts in working with gas that can be dangerous if you dont have prior experience.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day! Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think my reply went: I'm sure i could do it, but I rather have it done by an expert, for insurance purposes in case of a fire. thanks, ***** ***** know all the questions to ask him :) rated your replies 5*
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you and have a great day , glad I could help;-)Tech Michael