Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Michael. My hot point quadrio fridge section stopped working

Customer Question

Hi Michael. My hot point quadrio fridge section stopped working today, freezer still feels cold & seems fine. Also plastic casing over light inside fridge was warm so I've removed the bulbs, in case that's the problem. Any idea?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi If the freezer is working but the fridge section isn't then its more then likely either a blocked evaporator inside the freezer or the fan in the freezer is faulty. As basically the fridge section is just an empty box. All the cooling is done inside the freezer and the fan in there blows the cold air into the fridge section. What you need to do is either empty the freezer fully and from there remove the back panels. Once the first panel is off you will see the fan in the second panel. Remove this panel as well and behind there you will see the evaporator. If this is covered in ice you need to use a hairdryer and fully defrost it.Then once clear you will see the defrost heater wrapped around the evaporator. Follow the wire to the top and then with a multimeter you need to test it and see for continuity. If faulty then you need to replace the defrost heater and that should cure it. But if you don't want to go removing panels then you need to empty the freezer and then turn the appliance off for 24 hours and keep one of the freezer doors open and this will allow all the ice to melt away.Then turn it back on and see how it goes. But if say 2 weeks later it does the same again then you need to check the defrost heater and see if faulty. So try the above and see what you find as the fault will be with the freezer side on this. If you need anymore info just get back to me. Regards
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi I see the question is still open. Do you need anymore help on this? If so then just get back to me. But if not then if you could rate the answer as that will close the question from there. Many thanks