Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Bosch WAQ283SOGB Vario Perfect washing machine,

I have a Bosch WAQ283SOGB Vario Perfect washing machine, bought in Feb 2014 (the guarantee has just run out) and the last 2 washes have not worked well. A 60C programme stayed in the WASH mode for the 2hrs 45mins and then switched to rinse and spin - another 22 minutes. Today with the Delicate/Silk cycle it stayed in the WASH mode and when I went to the machine only 1 minute showed on the timer yet it was continuing to toss the washing to and fro with short pauses. I stopped the machine, switched to Rinse and Spin so was able to recover my washing - but the washing had not fully rinsed out the soap suds.
Can you help me?
Sarah
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi When you did the rinse and spin cycle did it complete this? Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
What this will be is a heater fault. This is a classic sign of a faulty heater as if it doesn't reach the temperature it causes this fault were as a rinse only cycle doesn't heat so that will be why the rinse still works.What you need to do is access the heater and test it with a multi meter and see if faulty. As im pretty sure you will find it fault.To access the heater its located at the back of the washer.Pull the washer out and remove the back panel.There you will see the heater in the back of the drum towards the bottom.Now you will see the heater. Test the resistance of the heater and it should be about 28 Ohms.If faulty then you need to replace the heater.Then with a new heater this will cure the fault and it will be back to normal now.So check that and see what you find. As ive replaced loads of them in the past for this fault.If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** has just located the heater and there is nothing registering.