Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My Bosch Logixx 8 washing machine is displaying fault F18.

Customer Question

My Bosch Logixx 8 washing machine is displaying fault F18. When I try to unscrew the water-pump filter it will not go beyond the first quarter of a turn, suggesting that some hard object (coin?) is obstructing it. Repeatedly tapping the filter front has not dislodged it. Any suggestions, please?
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.Are you saying the motor wont turn by hand more than 1/4 turn?Also please keep in mind, that the drain pump will turn in increments of about 1/4 turn then you will feel a resistance due to the magnets inside the motor.Usually when this happens, you will need a new pump, first take the pump out of the machine and check to see if there is anything stuck in the impeller?It sounds like the issue is a dead motor more than likely and that part will need to be replaced. I have repaired hundreds of these lol;-)Its easy to do and I will help all the way. The best place to get a new motor is: http://www.espares.co.uk/Its best to call them to order this drain pump please call espares: 0844 9777 888In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day! Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No, it's the water-pump filter (inside the flap at bottom right), not the motor, that won't unscrew beyond the first quarter of a turn. And its resistance is absolute; putting any more pressure on the protruding tab would risk breading it.
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.
Hi, Im sorry yes I meant the water pump ;-) Im just so used to saying drain pump lately lol.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Please can you advise me how to extract the pump bodily from the machine?
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.
Hi, have you opened the case so you can see the pump? You need to remove all accessories and then the pump fasteners to release it from the chassis.I will check to see if there are any diagrams for this operation;-) Thanks Tech Michael
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks! I'd be grateful for a diagram, if one exists.
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.
Hi I am checking, and waiting for a reply form my supplier.Also you can watch this video, let me know if it helps?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7aFdZ9C548
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks again! The video is absolutely clear; I won't need a diagram after all. Unfortunately I will now have to leave the job until late, as I have to collect my dog from the vet after a minor operation. It's never boring here ...
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.
Awesome ;-) Have a great day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hallo again! When I returned to the task of taking the pump out of my Bosch Logixx 8, having viewed the video you linked me to, I found (a) that the video shows the pump easily accessible from the side, whereas in reality it's from the rear (a stretch); (b) that the pump simply will not turn anti-clockwise, even with a wrench (!), and (c) that the relevant pump on the eSpares website appears to be integral with the housing it clips into. Do I need to disconnect the hoses and take the whole unit out? Any tips on this would be much appreciated!
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.
Hi I would be happy to assist even by phone so I will send you a request for that so I can call. If that is ok, please accept the offer.If not, it may be gunked up and stuck or there may have been a modification made to the parts and may be slightly different than the one in the video.Also you can send me pics on here ;-) So I can tell you what to do.Please rate kindly at this time so I can continue with you, no additional cost for that ;-) Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Many thanks! I will accept your offer, but I can't do so earlier than Tuesday afternoon or any time on Wednesday. I will contact you when I'm able to get on with the job. Sorry to be a pain!I'd like to rate you again (higher!) but can't quite see how to do it; should I click on "Write a review or ... "?
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.
Hi your not a pain, sorry for the delay I was out for a while today. You can accept the offer so it doesn't expire as it will in a while. Once you accept that, I will see that and place you into my priority so I can call at the day and times you specify;-)Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hallo! Many thanks for the offer of guidance by telephone, but I fear I work so slowly on this kind of thing that stage-by-stage advice by email will actually be more help. I will contact you again when I'm able to get back on the job.Bruce
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.
Hey Bruce,No problem, i will be here,In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael