Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Bosch fridge/freezer KGU11325 about ten years old.

I have a Bosch fridge/freezer KGU11325 about ten years old. The freezer door seal split recently, I replaced with the correct new seal which is struggling to make a proper seal along the top edge. Leaves a gap of about 1-2mm. Have warmed the new seal with hairdryer and gently pulled/pressed into shape but it still only makes loose seal. The inside of the freezer is covered with snowy frost and the compressor stays on longer then before. Any ideas please.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Im sorry to hear that. Yes sometimes these seals (and I for the life of me dont knwo why they ship them like they do) you will get a bad one;-( I see this every so often and it could be prevented if they would pack them correctly. In your case the seal was damaged during shipping to the point that part of it wont conform to its normal shape no matter what you try. All you can do is contact Bosch and tell them the situation, they will send you a new one free of charge;-) They are at least good about this.The best way to reach them is by using the phone contact information in your user manual and on your warranty card for this fridge.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day! Tech Michael