Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My old fan assisted double oven Competence 5238 The large

Customer Question

My old fan assisted double oven Competence 5238 B The large oven is not heating up the grill works
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Oven?Is yours the gas or electric only version? Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
20 years electric
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am waiting for an answer
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi one min please...
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Do the controls seem to operate normally when setting the oven ON?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your patience,I know this one well,This sounds like a bad heating element. 20 year is a long time if it hasn't been replaced prior.Its easy to replace and I will help you if you need me.The part isn't expensive either;-) The best place to get that would be: http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/Its best to call to order the oven element: 0844(###) ###-####In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael