Kelly
Kelly, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Technician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

My samsung sr-l629ev is not working anymore - it was

hello
my samsung sr-l629ev is not working anymore - it was warm inside when i got home and then i have plugged it off and now the screen is not working
please help
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the display is totally dark, the main electronic control board will probably need to be replaced. Did you leave it unplugged for at least 15 minutes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no i did not i will try that now
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
That extended time will allow the board components to reset and fully discharge. If it is still dead after plugging back in, the main PCB will need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have tried to plug it and unplug it a few times, the display initially was working and it was displaying the usual temperature but when i opened the freezer to get ice cream out i realised that it was melted and that the fridge was kind of warm. I tried to press the buttons on the display and then at one point the display went, then it stopped working all together - i have tried a different socket but it is the same . as soon as you plug it in the screen comes on but just for a few secs and then it goes again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how much will that cost to replace? the fridge freezer is full of food and i am worried that it will all go off...:(
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Sounds like the main PCB is shorted. That part is available below. CLICK HERE Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
great i hope this will start to work again after 15min
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there no an out of hours service for someone to fix it now?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Well, we offer only online service, we don't have technicians that actually come to your home.