Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My microwave HRT 879 is not working no lights or power

Customer Question

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Nef HFT 879 ?There is a fuse in there that is likely blown but in this model also as likely the main control board needs to be replaced. WHen this fuse fails, that indicates an electronic problem with the main control boar or transformer.Thsi unti will need to be disaddembled to get to the fuse. You will need a few basic hand tools and a meter fro doing a few tests so we can be sure whats wrong.In some instances the fuse is all that is bad, its rare but sometimes the fuse will blow due to power fluctuations replacement of that fuse will do the trick.Also you need to be aware that microwave ovens can contain a LETHAL CHARGE even when disconnected from their power supply!!!I will keep you safe and tell you what to stay away from if you want to do this repair.Please let me know on that as well.Thank youTech Michael