Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

We have an Ariston 1237 washing machine --1200 spin.

Hi ...we have an Ariston 1237 washing machine --1200 spin. It came on very loudly at spin cycle at 5 am this morning. The wash in the machine was finished. I switched it off because of the noise. It will not start.Is it broken or is a time delay on. The wash light is on all the time but nothing is happening.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The lights for the on/off button and the start/pause button are not lit---only the wash function button is lit.The door is locked.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Ariston 1237?Can you describe the sound it made more in depth so I can be sure what happened?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We think its about 5/6 years old but are not sure.The spin cycle came on at full throttle and max volume at 5am this morning and woke us . It is possible
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that it had gone through a full wash cycle and the noise from the spin cycle awoke us. My wife had left a wash in the machine by mistake and that would have finished at tea time yesterday. I simply turned off the main switch to stop the noise at 5am. This morning my wife took the wash out and tried to put on another wash but the machine would not start
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only light that is on is the red one at the "wash" icon
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that information. I need you to try one thing for me, please either unplug the washer or kill power to it from the mains for 5 full minutes then re apply power and try to run a load. Please let me know if it will start ad exactly what it does , lights etc?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Michael....will do
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have killed the power to the kitchen sockets at the fuseboard Will try restarting in 5 minutes and let you know what happens
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Sound's good I will be here;-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried that....did not work. The only change is that all the lights came on/flashed as normal according to my wife and she thought it was fixed but then ....nothing....it will not fill and the wash cycle will not start. Its exactly as it was when we started
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?Have a sense that some major IT control unit is caput.The disconnection of the power should have disabled any delay that may have been inadvertantly activated
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that information.Unfortunately the problem is the main control board. Its easy to replace with just plug in connectors and I will help you every step of the way when you have the control board. All that is required are a few basic hand tools to replace this part and about 45 minutes time.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
You are correct
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
The best place to get a new main control board is: http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Its best to call to order this part to get up to date pricing, they ship the same day you call as well;-)Please call: 0844(###) ###-####
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Michael for your assistence