Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Maytag F/F GS2728GEHB/20, circa 2003When ice is dispensed,

Maytag F/F GS2728GEHB/20, circa 2003
When ice is dispensed, the flap dislocates and does not return to closed position, so the water flow is disrupted.
Also the flexible covering over two of the buttons (cube and Water has broken from wear and tear and needs replaced.
I am in Northern Ireland, near Belfast.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Maytag F/F ? Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Made in 2003, I believe.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that.This is a pretty easy fix, they sell a repair kit for the door dispenser to fix this. Once you have it you can contact me and I will walk you though how to replace the worn pars. The kit also comes with very good instructions and diagrams ;-)The best place to get that ice and water dispenser repair kit is: http://www.maytag.co.uk/content/contact-usPlease call them to order this kit: Get in touch by Phone0844(###) ###-####/ International Dial: +44 (0)(###) ###-####Our call centre opening hours are:08:00 - 18:30 Monday to Friday (except public holidays)08:30 - 17:30 Saturday09:30 - 15:30 SundayIn any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
https://res.cloudinary.com/dtk4ybaqk/image/private/t_wm_4copyright_420/prod/j3kntwpq8qm7shkd8pkz.jpgI can find a Fountain ice door kit for £93.31, which fits the GS2728GEHB model, i.e. mine. Is that what you mean?Thanks,
Rocky.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't find a new cover for the cubed ice and water buttons, i.e. the black cover for the ice and water dispenser in the spares lists. Can you help with this?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rocky,Im not sure what question this was in reference to?Can you elaborate? Was this one with a bad ice maker or the one with the flapper issue?Thanks Rocky.Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the confusion.
There are two problems. One is the failed flap door for the ice. I found a kit in the spares pages for £93.51 and the link in my previous message shows you a picture of what is in the kit.
The other problem is that there are holes in the black front cover where the buttons for cubed ice and water sit behind. I thought I would find a replacement for that cover in the spares but I couldn't find one.
I'll phone them and ask directly.Rocky
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Rocky.Tech Mike;-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The new kit for the ice dispenser has just arrived.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi did you also get he parts for the door dispenser, the flap etc?ThanksTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They were able to find the fountain ice dispenser kit and I have successfully fitted it, with the help of a youtube video. They couldn't find a front cover for the dispenser but this is not too important at all. It is now working well.
Cheers,Rocky.