Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My 2 year old DW1603FI Teka dishwasher often not clean

Customer Question

My 2 year old DW1603FI Teka dishwasher often not clean properly.
Sometimes the Fairy Ultra Power All in one soap capsule does not fully dissolve, sometimes it stays in the soap dispenser, half dissolved, in most cases I start it again to remove the soap that covers everything. This is expensive and a waste of water/electricity.
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Teka dishwasher ?I will need you to try a few things for me so I can be sure whats wrong.first, run the dishwasher with items on the top shelf, but only run it for about 10 minutes. Then stop and open the door.Let me know if the water is very hot and steamy at that point, and also if there seems to be a good water flow getting to the top rack items? Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
As mentioned earlier, the machine is 2 years old.
The machine is running now so I can't do the test required until later, but when I have looked in the past, the water is very hot.
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** let me know if it seems that there is good flow tot he top shelf, if there is this may be a pretty simple fix.I also need to be sure the water is hot these days when you run the machine. If all is good with both if these two things, then you likely just have a clogged drain line.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I will contact you again when the dishwasher is free, probably soon after 16h30.
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Sounds great I will reply when I am here, and will see your message, we will solve this for you;-)ThanksTech Michael
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK, it ended so now I started it as directed and after 10 minutes it is hot. What next?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can't do more tonight, will continue tomorrow.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have now run the dishwasher with items on the top shelf, and ran it for about 10 minutes.
The water is NOT hot and steamy at that point, in fact it is quite cold, but there seems to be a good water flow getting to the top rack items.
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Hi I am here today, Thanks for the info, this is a bad heating element or thermostat in almost every case.I usually replace both components when the heating element fails so that I knwo it will work well for many years further.Also both parts are easy to replace and I will assist you all the way with this repair. All you need are a few basic hand tools and to be just a little handy is all.The best place for you to get the new heating element ans thermostat is: http://www.buyspares.co.uk/The 2 parts are fairly cheap as well;-)In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael