George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My Indesit Fridge Freezer is flashing a red light

My Indesit Fridge Freezer is flashing a red light for more than 24hrs now. I think this is because my Indesit dishwasher IDL55 tripped my electrics yesterday morning when I found water in the bottom of that and tried draining by putting on a short programme (separate problem). I didn't notice the fridge freezer red alarm light until tea time yesterday and found food was defrosting. I pulled it out and cleaned up the back from dust after unplugging, found some water in the tray which I cleaned up. I couldn't get the tray out to check the defrost valve. I plugged back in and left overnight expecting it to be sorted this morning. The red alarm light was and is still flashing, I've transferred the freezer contents to another I have. I turned up the stat to between 3 and 4 and pushed the fast freeze button. It's working but not as cold as it should be and the fridge doesn't seem to be chilling at all and stops making a running noise when you open the fridge door. When the power went off yesterday it did blow the light in the fridge. I have taken the bulb out but not replaced as haven't got a spare at the moment. I cannot locate the model of it from the manual but it was bought in Feb 2004 and has worked perfectly until yesterday.
I mentioned the dishwasher it had two flashing lights which I identified as meaning there is a blockage in the draining pipe. This has been checked and only clear water comes out of it, but have noticed since moving it that there is a leak in the drainage pipe where it goes into the back of the machine. I've cleaned the filters and it has always had regular monthly cleaning treatments put through it. I can only assume if ther is a blockage it is inside the machine, how do I clear that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just found the fridge freezer model it is M0330S
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that model number Caroline .. This appliance has a small board above the door that controls the fridge freezer.. It is highly likely that when the bulb blew, it blew a track on the circuit board.. In this case the circuit board would need repairing or replacing. In order that I can try assist you with the dishwasher, can you tell me the serial number and factory code of the dishwasher please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The dishwasher serial number is###-##-#### ***** only other number I can locate which is with the serial number is ***** All of my instructions are in Italian. Hope that helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry should have noticed that the fridge freezer is made by Servis not Indesit. Only the dishwasher is Indesit.
Yes Caroline, I did notice that the fridge freezer was a Servis appliance. What lights were flashing on the dishwasher please Caroline?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First 2 on the left - Water then bubbles. It would do the wash and items would be clean and dry but water still in bottom of machine. I'd managed to clear the water twice in past week by putting on the quick 25min programme but that didn't happen yesterday as it tripped the electrics instead. I scooped out all the water I could and have disconnected all the pipes and plug.In past I have had the first and third lights flash
The fault you are seeing indicates that; "The drain pump has been energised for 4 minutes, but the pressure switch has not switched to the empty position"The fault can be caused by any one of the following conditions:1. The drain pump is fed from the wash pump; therefore an open circuit wash pump could stopthe drain pump from working.2. A jammed drain pump or blockage in the outlet hose or plumbing.3. A blocked pressure chamber or pressure switch air tube.4. A faulty pressure switch.5. Faulty or poor wiring to pump or module connections.If all the above are OK, replace the module
Given the fault that you have had in the past I would be looking at the pressure switch and the interior of the drain pump Please remember to rate my assistance to you, as this is the only way I can benefit from taking the time to help you regardsGeorge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you this is most helpful.