George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

The machine has stopped turning with a slight burning smell.

The machine has stopped turning with a slight burning smell. I have disposed#of fluff
and emptied the water tray.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hi Joan, my name is***** you give me the Model & Serial numbers from the data label on the door opening, or from the rear of the appliance please. Please be patient as I may not come back to you straight away.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model No.TCR2. Serial *********** simplicity condenser dryer.
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Following Whirlpools acquisition of the Hotpoint/Indesit brands, Indesit Company has closely reviewed the safety of its product portfolio.As part of the review, a number of appliances were identified a potential fire risk concern. In some cases, excess fluff can come into contact with the heating element and present a risk of fire.The affected brands are: Hotpoint, Indesit, Swan, Proline and CredaAn extensive consumer outreach has been activated and a service action plan put in order to provide our consumers with products that areupdated to higher safety and quality standards.A visit from an engineer can be arranged, free of charge, to modify your appliance. The service call will take approximately one hour. Theimprovements produced during the service appointment are believed to be necessary and will further enhance the safety and quality of yourdryer.Whirlpool advise that in the meantime consumers may continue to use their products, provided that appliances are not left unattended whilst operating. If you are getting a burning smell whilst operating or trying to operate the applianceTURN THE APPLIANCE OFF AT THE WALL AND UNPLUGCONTACT HOTPOINT IMMEDIATELY ON 0800(###) ###-####------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Important - Please ReadModel number entered: Creda Tumble Dryer TCR2 Serial Number###-##-####nfortunately your appliance is one of the affected modelsPlease rate the assistance I have provided you withFurthermore contact me using Additional Service Request if you wish me to register your appliance for the Manufacturers Safety Modification for you.