George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My Exxcel 1400 washing machine is faulty. The display shows

My Exxcel 1400 washing machine is faulty. The display shows something like 8:88 and water is just pumping through the machine. Changing the setting knob to anything else has no effect.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
What is the Enr & FD of the appliance please Andy Please be patient.. I may not be able to respond to you for a while
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ENr WFO2854GB/01
FD 8202
Can you check that Enr you have given as it is not recognised.... When you say that water is just pumping through the machine.... do you mean that water is coming in and going out at the same time? Open the soap drawer to ascertain if water is entering the appliance..Is water entering?Is the drain pump running?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WFO2864GB/01The first O is a letter not a numberYep, water in, water out, no drum action. Sounds like the drum pump is working. All the soap has gone form the dispenser.Changing the programme has no effect. None of the other switches work and the display shows 8:88
Turn the selector to OFFPress and hold the START buttonSelect the program Easy Care 30* Is there a fault code in the screen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The display shows all the LED segments lit up, as are all the other lights.
Are any of the LEDs flashing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Ok, Start again from the beginning... 1. Turn the selector to OFF2. Press and hold the START button3. Select the program Easy Care 30* (All segments lit)4. Now set the program selector to the corresponding program in the left column to test the component that you wish to test that is in the right column of the table below:Press the START button start the testPress the START button again to abort the test
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK tried that. Nothing changes, water punping in and draining out, lights all on, nobody home.
Ok Andy, then one of three things... Either there is a fault in the pump, there is a fault in the heater, or the mainboard is defective. Try unplug leads from the pump, insulate them, then try the appliance.Try unplug leads from the heater element, insulate them, then try the appliance. Doing this will rule out any insulation issues that can cause this regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your input. I'm going to get an engineer to pop round to take over now.
You're very welcome Andy.. Please remember to rate the assistance I have given you..Kind regardsGeorge
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair