Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

Digital display died and heating stopped working.

Digital display died and heating stopped working. Have changed batteries and pressed reset button but nothing happening. Can you help?
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , I take it it is wireless. On the receiver unit press the overide button . Does the 7 heating come on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,No it's not wireless. The reference is TP4000/TP 5000si/TP5000 unit so no over ride button just a reset button which I mentioned earlier does.nothing when pressed.Ali
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi, ok thanks. Your not going to like this but the unit has failed. After a while they do eventually brake down . If you get the same model, tp units you can replace the front ,using the old wiring plate
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ah OK. Can you give a rough estimate of cost for new unit and how long it should take to fit please.Many thanks
Ali
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also should I take batteries out until new unit fitted?
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi . Pumb centre sell them for £50. It takes about 5 mins to replace. You don't have to take the batteries out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,The boiler has been firing itself up constantly for the last two hours with red hot radiators despite thermostat not appearing to work. What would you advise? The earliest I can get an engineer her is tomorrow morning. Should I switch anything off to make it safe?
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , if you need the heating on then leave the stat and turn down at the boiler when not needed