George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

The main oven on our EOD5330 is not heating - the light and

The main oven on our EOD5330 is not heating - the light and fan work though. The top oven works ok.
I tried switching off the power and resetting the clock, also checked that is was in manual mode but still doesn't heat.
How do we get the oven to heat.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Can you give me the PNC / Prod code from the label behind the oven door please. Also, can you tell me if the oven indicator light comes on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Product No.###-##-####
You say that the fan comes on and the oven light comes on.. but can you tell me if the oven indicator (neon) light comes on when the thermostat is turned.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes is does
Ok, looking at the wiring diagram.. this means that all is well with the oven but the fan element has gone and will need changing. Are you capable of changing this yourself?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok but when I have looked in the oven to see if it had heated up I can see that the fan is spinning, I also hear the fan.
Yes.. The element that is faulty surrounds that fan. Are you capable of changing this yourself, or would you need to call an engineer to do the job?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is involved with changing the fan element and if it is something I can do myself where would I purchase a replacement one
There are two ways of doing this.. One is from inside the oven and the other involves removing the oven from the cabinet.You can attempt the first way, but if you fail then you would need to revert to removing the oven from the cavity and removing its rear panel. You would need to turn off the appliance and remove all furniture from the inside. Undo the four screws holding the inner rear panel. You will see the element behind that panel. Remove the three holding screws from the element and gently remove the element drawing its wiring through the holes in the rear panel.Swap the wiring from one element to the other and re-site the elementReplace the fixing screws and the covering panel..Job done The part number for the element you need is(###) ###-####and it is available from the manufacturers at this link However, if you wish to search the number into Google then you will find cheaper versions of the element.. I just can't advise that you use any other than the OEM version. Please rate the assistance given by me today..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's great thanks. I will rate your assistance now.