George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a bosch dishwasher, which has the rinse aid and check

I have a bosch dishwasher, which has the rinse aid and check water led's flashing simultaneously. The appears to have locked out any of the other buttons to function.
How do I get past this point to try and reset or troubleshoot.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how can you respond by email when you have not asked me for an email address???
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hi Justin, my name is***** you tell me the Enr of the appliance.. This is located at the top of the door on the metal part.. It is etched into the metal.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George,E-Nr. SMS69L22GB/43
FD 9108 00214
Thanks Justin.. Before we get to the root.. Can you firstly switch off the appliance and ensure there is no water in the base.... Do this by either removing the side panel, or gently tilting the appliance backwards to see if water escapes the base. Let me know what happens regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George
There was water in the base initially but i have removed this, by obsorbing with a towel, as i wanted to check that there was no debris stopping the pump from spinning. This was free and able to turn freely. So at the moment there is just a small amount of water were the pump is.
RegardsJustin
Thanks for that Justin.. Can you ensure that the water that is left is mopped up before continuing. The error code is caused by a communications failure between the electronics.. If after the following has been tried, you still get the same problem then you need to either re-flash the control module, or replace the control module. Remove the cable from the rear of the appliance and check the connections and condition of the plug and the socket.Use a hair dryer to remove any moisture on or around the cables connected to the control module.Check the module for moisture.. Specifically behind relays.Check the condition of the cables connected to the control panel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George,
I have now removed all water, are you able to instruct me how to get access to the control module?
Follow the cable to the point it joins the appliance.. the socket that it plugs into belongs to the rear end of the control panel.If you remove the lid, then remove the right hand side panel.. the control module is in front of you encased in a plastic holder.
Please rate the assistance given
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George,
I will rate you! At the moment i need some more help... i cant see how to remove the lid, there appears to be only tabs! No visable screws. Sorry to appear so dumb but i really dont see how to remove it. Also i presume this module will be at the bottom of the unit s this is where the mains cable connects to the socket.Please confirm. I also just thought i should mention that i am a certified communcations tech.. so i will be comfortable once i can get into the dishwasher.
Excellent. "Please confirm. I also just thought i should mention that i am a certified communcations tech.. so i will be comfortable once i can get into the dishwasher. " If I remember correctly, these models have two clips at the rear of the lid.. The clips need pushing upwards and the lid needs pulling to the rear...This can be done by lifting the rear end of the lid then pulling sharply, but I never liked doing this as I broke the clips on the lid a few times. regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello again George,
I have managed to get the rear clips to lift, but there is no way that the top will slide to the rear. What am i missing?
Bosch instructions = Catch tappets are located on the rear right and left hand sides of the worktop. To remove the worktop, press up the catch tappets, push the worktop back and lift off. Try lift the rear of the lid and use the heal of your hand to thump it from the front
There is a version of the lid that has the two catches at the front and two screws at the rear, but I don't think that is your model
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi again George,
I finally have access to the module. 9000 588 642 MELECS 26.07.11.00.59.37 B type PB 220-240 EPG60613
How i go about removing it for a closer inspection. Does it slide forward from the mains socket.
Also can you define re-flash, is done using specialist kit or do you mean recycling power?
You personally cannot re-flash the module.. This can only be done by a Bosch Engineer... or, you could contact a company called EMW Electronics who can possibly do this for you.
The whole casing with module unclips after removing the cover that is over the top of it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George,
This is gonna throw you off course!! I live here on Ascension Island in the middle of the South Atlantic, so this dishwasher has had to come a long way by ship. So I really need to weigh up my options, is it worth my purchasing a new module or should i buy another dishwasher. Would it be posible to give an rough esimate on what a new/remplacement module would cost me.
Justin
Where did you purchase your appliance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This was bought in the UK. Curry's I think.
Then I personally would suggest that if the module is defective you should use EMW Electonics to repair and reprogram the board as that would cost you far less than a new appliance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok George, I will see if i can get a quote from them, presumably then will be able to tell me that the module is indeed faulty!
Many thanks and appreciate all your help.
Yes they will... They will test the module and if faulty they repair it, then re-program it.. If it is not faulty but just needs reprogramming then that is what they do.
Although with limited stock, the pre-programed module is also still available to buy new at Bosch Control module programmed 00655633
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George,
I have purchased a new one. Still waiting for it to show up. Am I able to trade the faulty one in?
If you purchase from EMW then they usually supply to trade on an exchange basis.. I am not sure about retail basis... Discuss this with them.
Hi Justin, I am still waiting for you to rate my assistance.. I require this in order that I am credited for assisting you.
Thanks for rating Justin.