George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Zanussi (Electrolux) Washing machine, model no.

Customer Question

Hi I have a Zanussi (Electrolux) Washing machine, model no. ZWF 1221W Last night when I used it the whole program did not finish, I set on E40 cotton with prewash and spin of 700. I noticed it only did the pre wash ,I check the detergent compartment on the left side the soap was used but the middle compartment the soap was still there and the fabric cond. on the 3rd compartment was also unused.There was green light but it paused for 15 minutes or on idle not doing anything which was unusual because it does not happen like this. So I turn the control to 0 or off and then set the program to drain then the water drained. Switch it off again and the door opened so I took out the unfinished laundry still soak with water. Then I unplug the washing mahine and plug it again tried using it without any clothes just to check if it will work but unfortunately whatever wash setting I choose it does not start although there is green light.It fills water and drains it but thats just up to it no spinning or washing performed. I hope this will still be fix and I need it immediately as the laundry this week is already filed up. Is there any Engineer who knows about Zanussi washing machine? Or may be I can DIY it. Hoping to resolve this matter .
Many thanks *****
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 8 months ago.
Can you tell me the product number of the appliance?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is this the product no. ZW914521001 ? I found it at the back of the washing machine.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Why do I have to pay £13 for a phone call , I paid £20 already for this problem?
You don't.. That is incase you prefer to call.. Please do not accept that if you do not wish to use telephone services.
Is the arrow flashing, and if so, how many times does it flash.. in either red or green It sounds like the problem you have is that the brushes of the motor have failed, or the tachometer of the motor has fail or come off.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What arrow are you on about? It is only green lights when it is on.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
If you were right about your diagnosis, how much roughly would it cost me to have it repaired including parts and labour?
The fault fault code system on that appliance causes the arrow button that you are talking about to flash a number of times in either green or red depending on the fault code. If I am right about my diagnosi then the cost of repair would depend on whereabouts in the country you are and which engineer you use. however, a rough guesstimate on the repair of that type is about £85 including parts
Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars, it is the only way I get credited for responding to you. regards