George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Good Day. We have a Caple wine fridge and it is flashing with

Good Day. We have a Caple wine fridge and it is flashing with 'HI' message. The electrician cannot figure out what the problem is and the service agents on the Isle of Man say it is a system fault. They have had a problem before like this and couldn't fix it. The fridge is only about 4 years old ! Any ideas ?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello Bronwen, my name is***** you tell me the model of the cooler please.. This should be on a label somewhere on the appliance; normally inside. Please be patient; I may not be able to respond to you straight away. regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George. Thanks for getting back to me. It is a Caple Wine Cabinet - WF1103 Freestanding.
I know you probably will take some time to look into this.
Will await your reply when you are ready.
Bronwen
Hi Bromwen, The error 'HI' on that model is indicating that the cabinet temperature has risen to a temperature that is higher than that set. To remedy the problem you are going to need an appliance engineer. The Caple Authorised Engineer for the Isle of Man is:Centigrade 01624 622144 The problem could be caused by a fault in any of the following:sensor - out of rangecondenser Fan - not operatingevaporator fan - not operatingheater o/crefrigeration valve - not operatingcompressor - not operating correctlypcb - control fault