Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My janome XC33 ( limited Edition) is plugged and lights on.

my janome XC33 ( limited Edition) is plugged and lights on. operating the foot control starts the bobbin winder and a small red indicator light shows stitch length on low setting. I cannot get the machine to do anything else.what can I do to make the machine do normal stitching.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Janome sewing machine?Also may I have the FULL model # ***** I can be sure?And do you have the owners manual? Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The machine is about 12yrs. old.originally purchased by and for my wife who sadly passed away april 2012. I am trying to start reusing the machine which was serviced by the retailer (pins and needles of Leicester, now ceased trading) 2 yrs. ago.
Machine nos.XC33 Limited Edition(below control panel) No.840001261(on back of machine base). No owners manual.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, first let me say I am so sorry to hear of your wife's passing, I have been there myself.As for your sewing machine, the problem is electronic but pretty easy for an experienced sewing machine technician to solve.Its also not a very expensive fix, but it does need to be looked at by a tech because they have specialty tools that are only available to sewing machine techs and some special settings need readjustment after this repair.The best thing to do with this one is check locally for vacuum cleaner repair shops, almost all of them also fix swing machines ;-)I wish it were a do it yourself project but this one is really not, you can easily cause serious damage to the machine if you miss a step wand dont have the correct tools for this repair.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael