Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

We have a built under Neff U17M62.0GB oven which is

We have a built under Neff U17M62.0GB oven which is 3 years old. The upper oven is working fine but the lower oven is not. It does not respond at all when switched on in the normal way.
This problem occurred when we were having electrical worked done elsewhere in the house and the electricity supply was being turned on and off by the electrician.
Perhaps this is a fuse problem? How do we fix it?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.On this one its not likely a fuse. Is the display working?Also is the breaker switch at the mains ON for this range? Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, MichaelThe breaker switch is ON for the oven unit (there is an upper and a lower oven combined in this unit).The digital clock/timer is displaying normally.The upper oven is working normally - we recently cooked lunch using it.The lower oven is dead - the interior light does not come on, the fan does not come on and the heat does not come on.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thank you for all that info.This could be a fuse inside the oven, but since the wires were likely disturbed it could also be a loose or missing connection to the oven caused by the electrician as, some wires need to be connected int he walls etc. I would recommend calling that tech back in to check why you may not have power in that oven.But you can open the oven if you wish to check the connections in there with a meter. But this one is too coincidental to likely be the oven itself causing the issue ;-)In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael