Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a samsung american fridge freezer. I have just had the

Customer Question

I have a samsung american fridge freezer. I have just had the power cut out entirely after the ice dispenser produced some very crushed ice even though the machine was in cubed not crushed ice mode??? i have replaced the fuse and the fridge is still not coming back on....any suggestions? the socket is fine as i have plugged something else in and it worked.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi If the power to the appliance is ok and the fuse is ok then the fault will be the main control board at the top. These fail quite a lot on these so if the power is good but nothing is coming on then the main power board will more then likely have failed on this. Given the ice wasn't coming out correct then this is controlled by the power board so again its all pointing towards the main board on the top of the fridge.If you pull the appliance out and look on top you will see a plastic cover. Remove this and there you will see the main power board. Just inspect it for signs of burning on there. Regards