George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My Neff oven will not heat up, neither the main heating element

My Neff oven will not heat up, neither the main heating element nor the grill element
will heat, although the fan operates, with the indication light on.
Oven Number is B1130B2GB/01
I have ordered a replacement main heating element thinking it may be faulty !
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm going to try assist you today... Can you tell me if the two elements stopped working at the same time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes both stopped at same time
Is it the cooling fan that is operating or is it the circulation fan at the rear panel inside the oven? Also, when you say the indicator light is on, do you mean the power indicator light, or do you mean the oven indicator light that comes on when the thermostat is turned?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It seems the circulation fan at the rear is operating correctly, and the circulation fan operates when the grill is switched on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I meant to say the cooling fan also operates when the grill is switched on.
Ok, lets deal with the oven first.. then we can deal with the grill later. So we have determined that when the fan setting is switched on the fan works at the rear of the oven... but:1. does the element heat when the thermostat is turned?.. 2. does the oven indicator come on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. No the element does not heat when thermostat is turned.
2. Yes the oven indicator comes on.
If you turn the selector to a none-fan (Conventional) setting, the fan will go off and the upper and lower elements should come on in the oven... The setting looks like two lines, one above the other. The base of the oven will get warm/hot and the grill element will heat on the outer part of the element Can you check that for me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have turned the selector to none fan(conventional) setting, the fan is off, but neither upper or lower elements have come on.. The setting is as you said like two lines, one above the other.
No heat at base of oven nor at outer part of the grill element.
Are both the Power led and the Oven led at this point?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I believe so, as you said previously both with two lines, one above the other.
Then I'm afraid that you need all three elements and not just the fan element. There is a thermal cutout inline but if that were faulty then the indicator led would not come on.You need:Fan element - Check the element number from the element you have installedGrill Element - 00115998Lower Element - 00125114
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that, I have ordered the main heating element, I will now order the grill and lower elements.
Will let you know how I get on.
Ok thanks
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 12 months ago.
Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars, it is the only way I get credited for responding to you. regards
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi George, I have replaced both elements on this NEFF cooker, but unfortunately the cooker is still not operating. I suspect the light inside the cooker is not operating would this cause it to fail? If not I am at a lose!
Do you have a multimeter or similar tool?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Yes I have a multimeter. By the way I should have mentioned the small element was obviously burnt out.
When you say the small element, which one are you referring to?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
It was the small circular one fitted around the fan at the back of the cooker. The other element is square shaped used as the grill element.
Ok, have you got the lid and the back off?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Sorry George, I have closed up for today. If you leave instruction on how to test the thermostat I will get back on to it tomorrow.
I suspect it may be faulty. While I have is opened up again I can replace the light bulb O.K.
The oven thermostat is a simple in/out power switch that is thermally switched.. connect your multimeter to each terminal and place the phial into a cup of hot water Also, test from terminal 7 on the selector switch to the circular fan element
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thanks George for your help, I finally found that the cooker required a temperature limiter, which I have ordered along with a replacement light bulb.
Was that the one between terminal 7 and the fan element that is mentioned above by any chance? Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars, it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.regards
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Yes I believe it was. Thanks Again
To rate my assistance, please use the stars provided on the page
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair