George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Beko washer not completing a cycle

beko washer not completing a cycle
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
David, it sounds like you need replacement brushes in the motor, or there is a problem with the tachometer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi there, i have replaced low carbons and was the same. would the machine spin the same each time on a spin cycle if the tacho was faulty. thanks.

Check the Tacho to see if it is operating;Check the windings of the motor;Check the prssure switch;Check the insulation readings of the heater;Check that the heater is operating ie. resistance;Check the heater relay is operating on the pcb;
Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars, it is the only way I get credited for responding to you. regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi there, sorry for the delay. i ordered the tacho and fitted it but still the same. the machine will do a spin on spin cycle but not every time. the motor seems ok. i am suspecting the timer?????? as the motor NEVER turns on a wash cycle. i will try the other things you have said and will get back asap.

UPDATE. after sanding down the new carbons and setting the timer just before the spin cycle location the machine does a perfect spin every time but still no motor action on a wash cycle. i am keen to repair this machine as it is old a very good.

Why did you order a Tacho David?.. why did you not just test the existing one first? If the brushes are ok, and the tacho has been replaced, then I would remind you that in most cases the motor operation is also controlled by both relays on the pcb and by the pressure switch. I ask that you rate this query before asking anything further on it.