Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My amerian type Fridge FreezerDA99-oo494V has broke n down The

Customer Question

My amerian type Fridge FreezerDA99-oo494V has broke n down
The freezer worked well, the Fridge did not cool anymore the temperature light kept flashing
The engineer I called in told me the heatingelement which controls the defrost does not work and ice has been building up
This was more than a week ago, the engineers tell me , they are unable to get some parts, I am desperate having no fridge freezer, how long does it take to =get spare parts?
Please help me
Yours sincerely
C.J.Bachtler
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi Can you post the full model number of the appliance and I can check the spares on this for you. But as to the appliance if its the defrost heater that's faulty then what you can do is turn the appliance off and leave the fridge door open for 24 hours. This will allow the ice in there on the evaporator to defrost.Once the ice has melted from there turn it back on and this will actually work again ok. But it will only work for about 2-3 weeks as the ice will build up again and stop the airflow.But at least you can have the fridge working again and hopefully during that time they will have called back to finish the repair. So defrost it fully and then the appliance will work again.Then if you can post the full model number from the sticker inside the fridge I can check the availability of the heater. Regards