George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a built in BOSCH microwave that is almost six years

Customer Question

I have a built in BOSCH microwave that is almost six years old and the interior light no longer comes on. How can I access the bulb to change it?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
hello John, Can you tell me the Enr of the appliance please.. This will be on the data label on the rear of the appliance, or on the appliance manual.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George
E no is HMT84M651B/05.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The production number (FD no) in case you need it also is 8909 200002010314. Thanks, John
For that model you will need to remove the microwave surround then remove the microwave from the cavity. You will then need to remove the appliance outer cover to access the lamp on the right hand side of the appliance behind the control panel area. CARE IS TO BE TAKEN.. MICROWAVES CAN CARRY LETHAL CHARGESEVEN WHEN DISCONNECTED FROM THE MAINS POWER
In case you need further advice by phone, I have sent you a Premium Service email.. Please do not accept this if you do not need it; but it is there for you if you do. kind regardsGeorge
Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars, it is the only way I get credited for responding to you. regards