Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Siemens washing machine WM12E468GB/07, Has an error

Hi , Siemens washing machine WM12E468GB/07, Has an error F21,checked the brushes and they were very worn , i changed them ,but error F21 still comimg up , tried to reset but its still comming up!
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi I just want to know how you tried the reset on this as you haven't said. Its just so I don't repeat myself with something you have already done. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI ,i turned the knob off ,closed the door, turned the dial to drain 6 oclock position, pressed and held the spin button and turned the dial to spin the 7 oclock position ,released the button and turned knob off ! tried this a few times but error still comes up ,the brushes were very short ,motor seems fine !
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok that is the correct way to do this. When you do this does the error code clear?Is it then coming back again when you retry it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi , no the error code does not clear, it still comes up straight away even after resetting several times, the start /pause button never flashes ,nothing happens only error F21 comes up
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok not all washers flash the start light so don't worry about that. I know in the past ive had it were ive had to do it loads of times as it didn't work first time round. So keep trying it as you are doing it the correct way. But if its just not clearing then the control board is the fault here as that's the only thing that will cause this fault. As doing the above isn't actually a reset it. Its putting it into test mode so when in test mode you turn it off it will clear the error code. So as its not going into test mode then it will only be the control board at fault. I have had it a few times were the error code just wont clear and when we get this we have to replace the control board to cure this. So keep trying it several times and see if it just clears it but if it doesn't then its going to be a faulty control board here which would need to be replaced.