Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a hotpoint freezer FZ150, bought 7½ years old which

I have a hotpoint freezer FZ150, bought 7½ years old which is now having ice forming at the back of the drawers. Going into the top two drawers, going down the back of them. didn't think frost free would do this. What is the problem, and how to solve it please?
Roy Moffat
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Roy, I am Tech Michael an expert in the field of refrigeration and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.is there any frost or ice forming on the rear wall inside the freezer as well? Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes a little
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Roy, thanks.You need to do something for me, To be sure what is causing the problem with the condition you have it could be a door deal leak, or a defrost issue. Or it could be just an ice clog;-)Please defrost the entire unit for 24 hours with the doors open. Then clean up any standing water that will drip out. Wipe the inside dry and close the doors, and turn the unit back on. it will likely work fine for a few weeks or month. If the problem re appears please contact me again and I will help you find the problem and fix it.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's fine just now. About to have family visiting for Easter until middle of next week so will get to turning it off then when all gone and it is nearly empty.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi that will be fine. Please remember to rate my service now so I can stick with you at no additional cost to you ;-)Thank youTech Michael