George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Rob I purchased a Thorn Onyx Halogen hob in 1988.One of the tubes in one of four hobs

Hi Rob
I purchased a Thorn Onyx Halogen hob in 1988.One of the tubes in one of four hobs does not work .Where can I get a replacement tube.
regards ***** *****
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello Gar, my name is***** you tell me the Model or PNC/Prod code from the label on the appliance please. regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George
I purchased a THORN ONYX HOB in 1988 .The Model number is *****
regards Gar
Hi Gar, I have looked through all our spares suppliers catalogues and supply lists and have come to a dead end. I contacted the manufacturers of the Thorn 357M but they say that the 357M is now fully obsolete with no available parts. I'm sorry to say, there is nowhere further that I can search for you.. all avenues have been exhausted. regardsGeorge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear *****-Allsorts
Thank you very much for your answer as it has clarified the whole problem.I did not expect a solution after thirty years , in this throw away society.Will go and buy a new hob. Thanks.
Gar Evans