George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

The door on my cabinet freezer won't close properly. There

The door on my cabinet freezer won't close properly. There is no obvious obstruction, but I am defrosting at the moment in case there is any ice in the way.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello Barbara, my name is***** you tell me the Model and PNC of the appliance.. This will be on a label on the rear regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't get to the back of the freezer, but the number on the User Manual is ZFT610W/ZFT610X
I hope this helps?
There are 12 builds of that model number, but we'll just pick one as they are not all that different. Have a look at the hinge side of the appliance to ensure that the seal is not fouling the cabinet side. Also, check that the seal has not been pulled out of the retaining slot. If there is ice in the freezer, ensure that one of the drawers doesn't protrude too far out. Please remember to rate my assistance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The seal is clear of the cabinet side and appears to be undamaged all round the door
If there is ice in the freezer, ensure that one of the drawers doesn't protrude too far out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have taken the drawers out as I'm in the process of defrosting.
And with the drawers out, and with no ice surrounding the cabinet where the door closes to; can the door close or not?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
large chunks of ice have now come away, and the door now closes!
Excellent Barbara... I would continue to defrost it using steam, warm water, or blower heat... Don't use sharp objects on this model.Place a towel on the floor to collect water/ice regardsGeorge
If you need further assistance please ask
Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars, it is the only way I get credited for responding to you. regards