Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

Boiler works with water. But when central heating added F1

Boiler works with water. But when central heating added F1 or F4 appears. Help!
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi, what is your boiler model and has your plumber changed any parts?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Flex icon 15hx. Yes a part was replaced. F1, F4 and F22 have been appearing all winter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing is working at the moment. I gave turned off central heating but temperature has gone down to 22 degrees
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , quite a strange one. Has the boiler just started doing this or was something replaced, ie room stat, motorised valve, or clock ?and then it started?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Boiler serviced September 2014. Sin pace then
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One day later it flashed F1 then it continually flashed F1, F2 or F22 all winter and I continually called out my plumber. When the heating system was off during the summer, the boiler worked well. But as soon as the heating system was turned on in ?November 2015 the boiler faked to function. My plumber called on numerous occasions and last week took the boiler to pieces and replaced a part. It failed next day. It now works intermittently.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Could be loose wire within the boiler, which could have been disturbed by the service.The thing is that the hot water and heating both send the signal to fire the boiler down the same wire. The r connection in the boiler wiring centre. I can only imagine that there is a fault on the heating side of the controls that is sending a faulty voltage that the boiler pcb is misinterpreting as the ignition probe is very sensitive.if you have gravity hot water(not pumped) then the pump may be an issueI would test the voltage coming back to the boiler when the heating is set to come on.I'm pretty sure it is going to be a faulty motorised valve,room stat or clock, however all the wiring connectionss within the boiler should be checked that they are not loose.It will need a very technical and electrical minded plumber to check
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Interesting. I shall have to find a sophisticated plumber somehow!
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome. I would look for a dedicated boiler repair guy. Best of luck .could I ask you to rate my answer , thanks