Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I am looking to replace my Creda IWD 12 (Integral Washer/Dryer).

I am looking to replace my Creda IWD 12 (Integral Washer/Dryer). Which current Integral washer/dryer is the best replacement.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi There are loads out there im a afraid. If you want the best then you are looking at a Miele washer but you are looking at big money on these. Then you have the Bosch or the AEG and again these are decent machines as well. What kind of washer dryer is it you want?Do you just want a basic one or an all singing and all dancing washer dryer? Or if you was happy with the one you had then a decent one is the Hotpoint BHWM149/2 model as its not a bad price and it is a decent appliance. But if you want a more better brand then you can have a look at the Siemens WK14D321GB iQ300 but you are also looking at a lot more money. If you need anymore info just get back to me.7 Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Being an integral washer/dryer I need to make sure that any replacement will fit the space (measurements) filled by the current machine - especially as the current Creda washer/dryer sits behind a covering door. So which machines are compatible with regards ***** ***** please ?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok the dimensions of your Creda washer you have is82 cm height59.8 cm wide53.7 cm depth So the Hotpoint model I gave above is the same dimensions so you wont have trouble fitting that. Were as the Siemens model I gave is slightly deeper but to be honest that shouldn't make a difference. As nearly all built in washers are a standered size as they know kitchens always have the same size gap for them so the sizes don't normally change unless you have a smaller depth worktop. But for you to have the Creda under there then the Hotpoint models will be a direct fit as they are the same size as the washer you have now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your guidance - very helpful.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Your very welcome. If you need anymore info just get back to me. Also if you could rate the answer that would be great. Many thanks
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had a look at the Hotpoint Machine you suggested - this appears to be solely a Washing Machine - where as I stated the machine I have is a Washer AND dryer/
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry my fault I must have copied the wrong one. This is the correct one click here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just one final query - the Creda Machine you state has a depth of 53.7cm while the Hotpoint is 55.0cm. My concern is that given the extra depth, albeit only 1.3cm the covering unit door will not shut properly and will pertrude. Can you assure me this will not be the case as I do not wish to order the machine if this should be the case. Thank you for your time.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
As I said before all units that hold built in washers are a standered size which is 820 x 600 x 570 mm (H x W x D) This is the standered size housing unit for built in washers. So the depth gives plenty of room for the depth of the washer so don't worry about the 1.3 cm as it wont stick out as there will be plenty of room at the back of the unit to allow for the extra 1.3 cm.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK Thank you.